Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Miami Spice 2015 - 15th & Vine at The Viceroy

My next Miami Spice adventure happened somewhere up above, a room with a view, if you will - and I was sitting at the perfect table according to Evan Benn from The Miami Herald. I sat at Table 62 at 15th & Vine in The Viceroy Hotel in Brickell and the experience turned out to be a multisensory one. Overlooking Biscayne Bay and the hotel's pool and patio, you can momentarily lose yourself in this place, both through your eyes and through your taste buds. The Viceroy Hotel is located at 485 Brickell Avenue,

View from Table 62

15th & Vine

Potato Gnocchi
Char Siu Braissed Pork,
Roasted Corn, Mushroom,
Green Onion
Summer Salad
Broccoli Rabe, Cauliflower,
Radicchio, Caramelized
Fennel, Potato and
Mustard Vinaigrette
The Miami Spice menu at 15th & Vine has a lot of options to choose from. For starters, you can pick from seven different appetizers, including an Heirloom Tomato Flatbread, Potato Gnocchi, Pulpo (Octopus) Salad, Summer Salad and Beet Cured Salmon. We sampled these dishes and I can tell you they are served in very generous portions. Of the five we tasted, my favorite were the Octopus Salad, (which was unbelievably tender and flavorful) and the Heirloom Tomato Flatbread. The flatbread was crispy, and I enjoyed the taste of the Buffalo Mozzarella combined with the Fava Bean Pesto. The other dishes were very original and interesting as well, and I would recommend that if there are several in your party, you each order a different one. It's a lot funner to sample them all since 15th & Vine has really outdone itself in providing variety to the menu.


Beet Cured Salmon Crudo
Summer Vegetable Ceviche

Heirloom Tomato Flatbread
Buffalo Mozzarella, Fava Bean Pesto
Pulpo Salad
Potato Confit, Mandarin Orange, Romesco,
Mustard Vinaigrette













The entrees are just as fantastic, with several options beckoning the palate. For example, the Cauliflower Risotto, prepared with roasted corn, pinenuts and broccoli rabe is wonderfully creamy and light.  The BBQ Pork Loin, served with sweet plantains, smoked rhubarb and gremolata is surprisingly moist and and tender. My top entree, however, was the Korean BBQ Braised Short Rib. This dish was spectacular and totally blew me away. The short rib practically melted in my mouth, and I loved rubbing it over the diakkon carrot puree, wasabi bone marrow and sugar peas.


Cauliflower Risotto
BBQ Pork Loin

Korean BBQ Braised Short Rib


Fried Apple Pie
S'mores Tart
Dessert offers three different options to satisfy your sweet tooth, and depending on your preference, you'll be happy with any of them. The Fried Apple Pie is the most traditional choice, served with a sour caramel sauce. The S'more Tart is a winner, if you love that sweet, tangy taste (which of course, I do). It's a roller coaster ride of passion fruit, bourbon vanilla or salted caramel mellow. And then there's my decadent pick: the Turtle Cheesecake.  My dining companion isn't usually into desserts (unlike me) and he couldn't put down the spoon. No, I wasn't happy. As a matter of fact, I was spooning faster than I could swallow to make sure he didn't eat it all. The cheesecake was refreshing, and had a nutty texture of candied pecans and Nutella crumble.


Turtle Cheesecake

So there you have it. Another Miami Spice adventure I highly recommend. We're halfway through August and there's so much to eat. Be sure to add 15th & Vine to your list. For more information, visit their website or call them at 305-307-5413.

For more foodie fun: follow me on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest and Like my Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment