Thursday, December 11, 2014

It's All You Can Eat Stone Crabs at Kitchen 305

I don't get up to the north east part of the county nearly enough so I was pretty excited about going to Kitchen 305, located at the Newport Beachside Hotel And Resort at 16701 Collins Avenue in Miami Beach. It wasn't the trek up the coast line that was making me giddy with anticipation. It was what I was about to indulge in: Unlimited Stone Crabs and King Crabs.


Chef Julius Brown

If you live in Florida, you know we take our Stone Crab Season pretty seriously. So if you place the word "unlimited" in front of any kind of crab, I'm there. Now I had never been to Kitchen 305 and I didn't know what to expect, but I was Friday night and I had on my crab-eating clothes. It turns out, Kitchen 305 is very trendy yet comfortable and relaxed. The place was pretty full yet the service was friendly and on-point.


Way to start our Friday night...
The minute we sat down I ordered a refreshing cocktail and got ready for my Crab Feast. I decided to go for the combination of both unlimited Stone Crabs and King Crabs and spice things up a bit. The meal started with our choice of Clam Chowder or Caesar Salad (I went for the chowder) and then the parade of crustaceans began.


Tomato Based Clam Chowder
 
The succulent crabs were amazing and the minute our plates were running low of either Stone Crabs or King Crabs, our server was bringing us more of each. It's pretty amazing that Stone Crab Fridays is only $59 per person (King Crabs are $49.95 per person.) While I was there, I learned they love theme nights at Kitchen 305, and every night has a different special. You can eat unlimited Maine Lobsters during "Lobster Madness Wednesdays" or for those that like the land and sea, you can always visit on the weekend for "Surf & Turf Saturdays".



Unlimited Stone Crab, King Crab and a side of slaw
Oh these were good!

When we were done and were getting ready to take off our bibs, they brought out the dessert menu. What can I tell you? I'm weak and I just couldn't say no. We shared the creamy and rich refreshing Creme Brulee . It was the perfect ending to a perfect meal.


Creme Brulee

If your office or business is in the area of Kitchen 305 and you want to be part of a big celebration, they're hosting a Small Office Holiday Ball on Thursday, December 18th 2014, starting with a Welcome Cocktail Reception from 7:00-8:00 p.m. and followed by a three-course Dinner Reception from 8:30-10:00 pm. There will also be a guest DJ till 1 am so you can get your merry groove on.




For more information on Kitchen 305 or their Holiday Ball, visit their website or call them at 305-949-1300.


Kitchen 305 (Newport Beachside Hotel & Resort) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment