Thursday, October 16, 2014

Mojito Madness at TK's at the Villa Mayfair

I'm sure many of you feel the same way when Fridays come around; that need to shed the stress and unwind the tightness from at least 40 hours of the usual grind. For me, the process usually starts with alcohol, enticing food and live music. Add good company to the ritual and I start destressing in minutes. 

Pineapple Mojito and Wild Berry Mojito

Well I discovered the perfect place to get rid of the madness. Have you been to TK's at the Villa Mayfair lately? I had heard about the place located at 2901 Florida Avenue in Coconut Grove for a while, even followed them on Twitter, but it wasn't until I heard they were kicking off Mojito Madness on Friday nights that I actually visited the restaurant. It was great.

Add caption
Close your eyes and imagine this: It's Friday night, you've been closing some deals and getting some hell all week and you're ready to bring on the weekend. You don your guayabera, grab your date and head over to the Grove where a Cigar Roller hands you a freshly rolled cigar, and then you step into TK's and start drumming your fingers to therapeutic, live Cuban music. Within minutes, you sit and your server brings you not only a food menu that gets you salivating instantly but a selection of over 20 mojitos to soothe your soul. The only problem? Which ones do you choose? The solution? They're only $10 each so why restrict yourself? Taxis are abundant in Miami and there's always Uber.

Beef Carpaccio
I sampled several myself when I was there and I love that there is enough variety to satisfy just about every preference. Personally,  I tend to like my mojitos fruity while my date stuck to the more to traditional kind. The ingredients were fresh and they were quite addicting; the perfect cocktail pairing to the sultry ambiance. Of course, the evening would not have been a complete success for me without equally spectacular food, and TK's hit it on the money there too. We started off with their Beef Carpaccio, made with thinly sliced prime beef, creamy blue cheese, capers, onions and arugula. Next, we ordered their signature TK's Tuna Tartare (are your surprised?). Refreshingly flavorful diced tuna, came together in a spherical delight of avocado, sesame oil and soy lime dressing, and was then crowned with crispy shallots. Oh, I had to have another mojito in celebration of this dish.

TK's Tuna Tartare

Sweet Potato Fries
Scallops Gratin
For entrees, we ordered the Grilled Pork Chops and the Scallops Gratin. The Grilled Pork Chops consisted of a double-cut grilled pork chop served with baby carrots, sweet peas and potatoes, all atop a mushroom demi glace. The Scallops Gratin were tender bites of baked scallops topped with prosciutto pernod gratin in white wine butter sauce, with slices of crispy toasts in between. As side dishes, we tried the Sweet Potato Fries served with homemade ranch that were insane and the Bacon And Brie Tater Tots.

Grilled Pork Chops

Bacon and Brie Tater Tots

Happy and relaxed, after some luscious mojitos, dancing and great food, we ordered the sweet finale: an amazing Guava Cheesecake that sealed the deal for us. That's it...my weekend started right there and I couldn't wait to return for more. For additional information on TK's Villa at the Mayfair and Mojito Madness, visit their website.

Cheesecake


TK's at the Villa Mayfair on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment