Tuesday, September 30, 2014

My Tuesday Rendezvous With Jack At TGI Fridays

I used to spend my Tuesdays with my boyfriend. Now I spend them with Jack. Sometimes my boyfriend joins us and it becomes a luscious party, but other times I go at it alone. Before you start thinking that my blog has gone from PG-13 to Rated R, let me elaborate.  I'm talking about Tuesdays with Jack at TGI Fridays.

Jack Daniel's Peach Honey Smash

I'm sure you know that everyday of the week brings a different special at TGI Fridays but Tuesdays are one of my favorites. Especially because the work week is only into its second day and I'm usually struggling to climb the hump. Enter Jack… that smooth, relaxing Tennessee whiskey that not only quenches our thirst but also flavors food. It turns out Tuesdays you can drink a variety of Jack cocktails at TGI Fridays for only $5 each. And I'm talking some carefully crafted concoctions. One of my favorites is the new Peach Honey Smash. This refreshing libation is made with Jack Daniels whiskey, of course, with a drizzle of Jack Daniels Tennessee honey, fresh mint, peach puree, and citrus juices, then garnished with a peach slice for a colorful finish.


Jack Daniel's Ribs

Since when I'm in, I'm in all the way, I like to pair my Tuesday Jack drinks with Jack Daniel's Grill items. This time around I chose the Jack Daniel's Ribs, a rack of slow cooked, fall-off-the-bone tender baby pork ribs, basted in their signature sauce, with some Jack Daniel's BBQ sauce on the side. I had them with a side of their finger licking good sweet potato fries and Tomato Mozzarella Salad.  I didn't look very lady-like or dainty as I chewed the meat with deep satisfaction, but who cares? Jack and I are already comfortable enough with each other where we don't have to pretend.


Tennessee Whiskey Cake

Since there's plenty of Jack to go around at TGI Fridays, I ended my meal with their Tennessee Whiskey Cake. I reserve this delight specifically for Tuesdays (it's always a struggle not to sink my teeth into their Oreo Madness).  Luke, the awesome waiter that took care of us, seemed to read my mind and brought it right out when I finished gnawing the last bone.

The moist, warm toffee cake was topped with some chopped, glazed pecans and a scoop of vanilla ice-cream. It was then served with a pool of butterscotch Jack Daniels whiskey sauce that made me lick my lips more than once in a most provocative way.

That's it. That was my Tuesday with Jack. I'm a pretty possessive girl, but Jack is so good at TGI Friday's,  I'm willing to share him with you (just a little bit).

For more information on their daily specials, visit TGI Friday's website at http://www.tgifridays.com.




No comments:

Post a Comment